Happy blogging birthday to me!!
As of Tuesday I’ve been blogging here for 3 years! I thought that was pretty neat! I’ve met some really cool people and have felt like I was a part of an awesome community thanks to this blog. It’s been a fun 3 years! 🙂
Coincidentally, 3 years ago was when I started to get into races. I did my first half marathon in November of 2015 and then I did my very first organized “5k” in December of that year. My first 5k-ing experience was definitely an interesting one! The race I did was a super small, Christmas themed one, put on by one of the churches in my town. Unfortunately they don’t put it on anymore or else I totally would have done it again! I think it was one of the most unique races I’ve done as of yet!
- It was held at night. As far as I know most races are held in the morning, so that was pretty cool! Especially because of all of the Christmas lights!! Which was the whole point of running at night, I suppose.
- No race bibs. We were given Santa hats that had tiny Santa’s on them that light up instead.
- Santa drove the course in a lime green VW beetle with the top pulled down and all decked out with Christmas lights. That was a lot of fun!
- There were maybe 30 people who ran it? That took “small, local race” to a whole new level!
- The finish line was one of those little yard tent things you use to shade patios in the summer. Covered in Christmas lights of course! 😊 No fancy time display, timing mats, or time chips.
- Soooo many people from my town were out cheering on the runners! Honestly this race probably had the best crowd support I’ve ever experienced! And why not?!? It was our friends, neighbors, and police force cheering us on!
- Remember how I said there was no fancy timing equipment? Apparently there was no measuring of the course either. This run was advertised as a 5k, but it actually came out to be around 3.03 miles. Not a big deal though. At the end of the day it was all just got fun. 😊
- And last but not least, there was hot chocolate and cookies for all and the end! What’s not to love about that?! 🍪
Seriously, it was one of the most interesting and probably most fun runs I’ve ever done! 🎅🏻🏃🏻♀️ And can we just take a second to appreciate how long my hair was?!? Jeez that was kind of excessive and I kinda miss it. 😂
Also, fun little fact; that’s the only race I’ve ever done that I didn’t write a race recap for haha. But I mean, I pretty much summed it all up now. So that’ count’s for something, right? 😉
Anyway, I just want to take a second to acknowledge how big Whiskey is getting!!
She was such a tiny little thing when we got her, but she is growing into a beautiful dog! Haha you can see one of her ears has gone up. I thought she was going to end up with floppy ears, but it’s looking like I was wrong!! That one just kinda shot up over night! Every once in a while the other one will go up too, but it usually doesn’t stay that way long. But I’m thinking eventually it will end up being pricked too. Hahaha honestly I’m pretty excited about that! Obviously it really doesn’t matter much, but I do like dogs with pricked ears. 🙂
She is a very well built little puppy. She’s been going through a growth spurt and gained 6 pounds in a month hahaha. The vet is thinking she’ll get up to be around 30-35 pounds and I was thinking the same thing. Our vet is also pretty supportive of us breeding Finn to her as long as she doesn’t have any kind of health issues pop up, which is unlikely but it’s always a possibility.
Hahaha my house is super duper Christmas-y right now and it makes me super happy! 🙂 And now I’ve finally got a gift under my tree!! I’m literally the worst gift wrapper in the world, but Luke’s been threatening to go snooping for what I got him for Christmas so I had to wrap that today. But other than that, that’s the only gift we have under the tree. We’ve mailed some off so we aren’t like behind on Christmas shopping or anything, so that’s good. I temporarily had two under my tree! The little neighbor girl I babysit turned 5 yesterday so I had her gift under the tree for a whole hour haha. She came over today so obviously I gave it to her. Getting gifts is great, but honestly I think I like giving people something I know they’ll really like more! That’s always a great feeling. 🙂 And my neighbor seemed really happy with what I got her. It was just a stuffed Stitch (from Lilo and Stitch 😉 ). She told me she was definitely going to sleep with him tonight, so I figured that meant she liked him haha.
Anyway, last night Green Day put out a new music video as kind of a Christmas gift for their fans. Obviously I was pretty excited about that because they are my favorite haha. But I thought it was especially cool because it’s made up of a bunch of different clips from their Revolution Radio tour and they included a bunch of different clips of fans. I just think its really awesome that Green Day seems to love their fans just as much as their fans love them and when they do things like this it just makes you feel like you’re a part of something, ya know?
Hahaha I haven’t fangirl-ed in a while, so I’m not gonna apologize for doing it this time. 😉
Okey Dokey, that’s all for today!
Happy Friday eve, I hope everyone is enjoying the Christmas season!