I guess that means I should start being a little more positive and stop worrying about the things I can’t control, or the training I didn’t get to do because of an injury, or the fact that I got sick last week and am still getting over that virus. But I do like to complain, so I promise nothing! 😉
So, things that I can control, do, and that I plan on taking very seriously this week are as follow;
- Get enough sleep. I’ve been doing pretty well with sleep, so I’ve just gotta keep that up!
- Drink enough water. I haven’t been doing so great with this one. Like, I know you need to drink more when you’re sick, by it’s so hard to do when you don’t feel like drinking or even eating much.
- Eat a little better. Since I’ve been sick I’ve been living off of canned soup and Halloween candy, because same as the above with water. Not ideal, but hey, what are you gonna do? 😉
- Make a kick ass playlist. Because if I’m gonna suffer I’m gonna have fun doing it, damn it!
- Visualize my fueling strategy for the race. So, 1 Honey Stinger waffles at the starting line, maybe half an hour before the gun goes off. 1 cup of water at every aid station and water AND Gatorade at every other aid station (the aid stations are about every 2 miles which is exactly what I trained for! Go me!). Along with 1/2 of a Honey Stinger waffles around miles 4, 6, 8, and 10. And maybe a cup of beer around mile 11 if they’re handing it out again. 😉 Hahaha my fuel plan is literally the only plan I’ve worked out for this half, so I’m hardcore clinging to it!
Whew, alrighty then! I’m not anywhere near the realm of prepared for this half marathon, but I’ve covered the distance twice before and I know I can make it to that finish line again. And that’s my only goal; crossing the finish line.
I’m coming for you half marathon number 3!!