Ok for real though, I’ve had quite a few run ins with some scary drivers…and I live in a pretty small town and the roads really aren’t that busy. So I can’t imagine having to run on a super busy street every day. I think I’d die haha. 😉
But anyway, these are a few thoughts that have run through my head while dealing with terrifying drivers. I probably have a little touch of road rage…
- “Oh shit, I’m going to end up in the ditch again.”
- “You had a stop sign and I didn’t! I have the fucking right of way!!!”
- “Am I going to die if I cross this street?”
- “Fucking soccer moms in their goddamn minivans.”
- “This is how I die. Getting hit by a PT cruiser whipping out of their driveway.”
- “It’s fucking pouring down rain! Turn on your headlights!!”
- “Yeah speed through that stop sign as I’m going through the intersection. That’s a good way to end up with a vehicular manslaughter charge.”
- “I understand that I’m just a pedestrian and not in a 2 ton, metal death machine. But I still need a little bit of room on the road.”
- “Oh yeah, texting and driving. That’s a good idea.”
- “One of these day’s Luke’s going to overhear someone talking about some crazy runner bitch who flipped them off as they innocently drove by.” (Haha I told Luke about this and he told me he’d ask them what they did to me, because I’m usually very friendly to people while I’m out running).
- And a bonus one that Luke told me a while ago; “If you ever get hit by a car, we’ll definitely win the lawsuit because there’s no way they could argue that they didn’t see you.” referencing to the highlighter yellow tank top, blaze orange hat, and bright blue shoes with reflective strips on them that I was wearing.
Do you think I have road rage? I might have a little bit of road rage… But most of it stems from the fact that I’m just trying to run and not die while doing it. Haha not sure if that justifies it or not, but the worst thing I’ve ever done is yell fuck you at someone with their car windows rolled down. But again, I feel like that indecent was a little bit justified haha, because they guy was texting, would have hit me if I didn’t bail into the ditch, but then had the audacity to look me up and down, smile, wink, and wave as he drove by. Which is why I yelled fuck you at him. Yeah, I’m probably going to end up getting into a fight or murdered or something because I can’t just keep my mouth shut.