April 5th, 2017

Yesterday I got to hang out with one of my oldest and best friends! We’ve known each other since kindergarten and had gone to school together all through grade school and high school. Ah the joys of going to small private schools. Anyway, we never get to see each other anymore. I live in Kansas and she lives in Missouri around the STL area where we both grew up, we’re both married, she has a baby now, life happens, ya know?

Well she just so happened to be in the KC area yesterday. She had some training and classes she needed to do for work at the Garmin world headquarters, which is 15 minutes away from my house. So she messaged me and told me what was going on, so I told her to come over the second she got the chance, and she did. 🙂 Once she finished with her thing at Garmin she came to my house and we hung out and talked for a while. She was supposed to go out to dinner with some people from her classes and then go sleep at a hotel, but once Luke got home from work (they were friends in grade school as well) we all got to talking and catching up and she just couldn’t bring herself to leave. So she ended up eating dinner with us, and then Luke and I convinced her to stay the night at our house instead of all alone at a hotel.

So once my brother in law got home from work we all decided to go to a bar to play pool and darts. That was a lot of fun! We were there for about an hour and a half. We got in a few games of pool and darts, but by the end the boys ended up watching a baseball game on TV while my friend and I did more chatting. It was a great time. 🙂 We made it home around 10:40 pm, fed all the animals, Luke showered and then we all went to bed.

Well, at least we tried to go to bed. Finn was totally thrown off of his scheduled and was confused and upset, so he didn’t want to sleep. Eventually we let him out of the crate and in bed with us (I wasn’t a fan of that, but I was willing to try anything at that point). That didn’t work though. He spent several hours chewing on me, rolling around on the bed, and just bothering me in general. Around 2 am he started biting my face at that was the last straw, so I threw his ass back in the crate, where he cried for a while but then eventually fell asleep. Once he was asleep, Lily started whining. She probably had to pee, but it was raining and every once in a while there would be a little clap of thunder and she absolutely will not go outside if there’s any thunder, so she just whined and cried the rest of the night. Fun times…

And then to top it all off, Finn decided to wake up at 6 am. That kinda sucked, but it was probably a good thing. My friend was up by then and Luke had already left for work, so I would have felt bad just leaving her alone in the living room. So we ate a little snack, played with the dogs, and talked until about 7:20 am, when she had to head back over to Garmin and finish her classes, and then she’s driving 4 and 1/2 hours back home. I’m super glad we got to catch up and hang out and she said she’s going to try to come out here with her husband and baby sometime soon, and I sure hope she does! And of course after she left all Finn wanted to do was sleep…


Oh but he couldn’t sleep on his own, he had to be on my lap. I swear sometimes he’s just as needy as a human child haha. So I let him sleep for a while and then around 9:30 am I made him get up and go outside to play with Dean while I put in 30 minutes on the stationary bike. I actually had an interval workout on the schedule for today and my cross training workout wasn’t supposed to happen until tomorrow, but since I got hardly any sleep last night I decided to switch the days around. I didn’t think I would have been able to go at the intervals hard enough with my lack of sleep, plus running didn’t exactly sound like fun anyway. Well neither did the stationary bike, but whatever.

After that I showered, had lunch, took a very necessary nap, cleaned, walked the dogs, worked on a few dogs posts, yada yada yada, all that good/slightly boring everyday stuff. But I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, I like routine and being on a consistent scheduled makes me a super happy camper. 🙂

I hope you’ve had a wonderful day!





Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s