I hope you had a merry Christmas, happy New Year and anything and everything in between!! 😄
For me, this week was full of food, fun, family, and quite a bit of slacking in the workout department.
- 40 min on my dad’s elliptical (ewww)
- Yoga with Adriene yoga for runners cool down
- Tara stiles holiday meal yoga
- 1 easy mile with my running buddy
- Yoga with Adriene yoga for digestion
- 4 “easy” miles on the country roads near my parents’ house. It would have been a lot more easy if there were no hills…
Thursday (New Years Eve)
- Rest day
- Did a bit of stretching/foam rolling
Friday (New Years Day):
- 2 hilly miles. I made a point to run up both big hills in my neighborhood for this one.
- Active Rest. Played around with the dogs at the park.
- 10 minutes of stretching/foam rolling in the evening.
- Easy 30 minute run. Went nice and easy, listened to one of my favorite albums (Insomniac by Green Day), and stopped to pet a dog. It was a good run. 😄
- 10 minutes of stretching and foam rolling.
And there you have it! I’ve been all over the place running wise this week. I haven’t been following a training plan or anything, just doing what is fun and feels right. But I think that’s a good thing since I’m coming back from an injury. I’ve hardcore skimped on strength training this week. I definitely need to get back to doing that constantly…
Now that the holidays are over it should be easier to stick to a strength training plan and get back into running regularly. I’m kind of excited actually, I plan on working hard, stay injury free, and be a better runner than I ever have been!
Wishing you lots of fun and happy miles in the new year!!